best gtk structure for selecting multiple files for further processing

hello,

after fixing my previous gtktree problem i've come to realize that, unless i just have to add more functionality to it on my own, gtktree isn't what i'm looking for to work with my application.

I need a widget that allows me to peruse a directory structure anywhere, highlight the files i want (multiple selections, gtktree *does* allow this i know) and then add the files to a Clist or something similar. Once in the Clist I use popen or something similar to execute a command with the files in the Clist as arguments.

Is there any gtk widget (in 1.x or 2.0) that allows me to move anywhere in a directory structure, select files and then 'copy' the path over to a Clist so I can use the files later?

The Fileselection widget is almost what i'm looking for except (at least with the example in the tutorials) I can't do multiple selections and I don't know of a way to modify the OK button in it to copy the path of the file to a Clist widget so I can run a CLI program on each file using popen.

thanks for any help.