Re: problem with gtk filetree

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 11:58:36PM -0400, Glitch wrote:
> hello,
>
> I got Developing Linux Applications Using GTK+ (written by Eric Harlow).
>
> In it there is an example of a Gtk Tree and Gtk List.  It basically uses
> the directories and files in the CWD and displays the contents in a tree
> with leafs.
>
> I can get the application to compile just fine however when I try
> selecting a directory or file I get a seg fault. I can hit the + or -
> sign to expand or collapse a branch but selecting anything but the top
> node causes a seg fault. Here is the actual message:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkList'
> Segmentation fault

Such errors usually happen when u pass a NULL to a gtk_list_* function that doesn't want a NULL
Do you know that (as of gtk2.0) GtkList is by twice obselete? use GtkCList ferchrissakes, or if you are writing for 2.0, GtkTreeView/GtkListStore :)

Course I don't know how to write for any of the above. Maybe GtkList is easier or something. And you do have a book on it. But it's gone way out of favor..