Can it be done with Gtk/GDK???

Hi all:

We ahve edveloped an app. with xlib that sends signals between aplication windows based on key inputs. The application uses the XGrabKey, XGrabKeyboard, XSendEvent, etc. to send events to other windows.

We are expanding the apps. by adding GUI interface and have deceided to use GTK+ for it. However, I am not sure how well Xlib functions are supported in the GTK/GDK environment (we are plannign no rewritting entirely using GDK/GTK).

If I were to use GTK for GUI, how can I interface with the Xlib functions which require identifiers for display, window, screen, etc.

Thanks.

-D