Broken Pipe?

I am working on a client/server app.  The server app works fine in the
background.  It accepts and processes new clients all day long.

The client side appears to work fine.  But after about 15 minutes of
apparently normal processing, it unpleasantly dies complaining about a
"Broken pipe".  The client and server apps write all error messages to logs.
All (not just some)network functions have their return status checked and
error messages then logged.  There are no errors listed in any of my logs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike