clist question.

is there a way to make a row in a clist span more than one column.

for example if I were to use a clist to display the following data.

type	age	name
----	---	----
1	2	bob
2	3	fred
; long comment describing fred
3	6	joe

is there a way to make the comment span the three columns intead of being
truncated to the length of the first. I've considereddynamically resizing
to make the comment fit, but the comments are of arbitrary length, and
that would cause problems with the rest of teh clist in cases of
really long comments.

the code I am working on is in Perl, but an example in C would be
sufficient, or just a pointer to something that makes this look possible.

--
Corey Thornburg
coreyt coreyt com