Re: About events propagation in gtk+-1.3.3

Owen wrote:

>For GTK+-2.0, we are changing that so that a TRUE return stops emission
>immediately. It's not fixed in stone that this behavior will be kept
>in the final GTK+-2.0; it clearly does introduce some breakage and
>inconveniences of its own. But we thnk it is, on the whole, a much
>less confusing behavior.

Not that my opinion counts for much, but I thoroughly and
enthusiastically agree with this change. The 1.X model sounds really
clean when you first read about it, but then it turns out to have been
inaccurately or incompletely described, and the reality ends up being
quite messy. To have TRUE stop emission would bring the whole event
system into line with my initial (very favorable) impressions of how
it worked.

--p