Re: pixmap

As far as creating a tree with pixmap in the node - take a look at gtkctree.h -
its quite explanitory.. As for creating a menuitem with a pixmap - since the
menuitem is a container widget I'd do something like this

GtkWidget *menuitem;
GtkWidget *pixmap;
GtkWidget *label;
GtkWidget *hbox;

menuitem = gtk_menu_item_new(); /* this is a container widget */
pixmap = gtk_pixmap_new(gdkpixmap,gdkmask); /* assuming u created those already
*/
label = gtk_label_new("My Menu Item");
hbox = gtk_hbox_new(0,5);
gtk_hbox_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), pixmap, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
gtk_hbox_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), label, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(menuitem), hbox);
gtk_widget_show_all(menuitem);

voila..

Similar code can be found in SkipStone, http://www.muhri.net/skipstone
CTree code can be found in Pronto! but its in Gtk::Perl - however u can figure
out the equivlant c code, http://www.muhri.net/pronto

Maher