Re: Event not passing to Notebook when Label has Eventbox

Markus Fischer wrote:
>         I've a Notebook widget which dynamically allocates Pages.
> Around the Page's Labels I build a GtkEventBox to catch
> right-click mouse button. Unfortunatly I can't change to that
> register anymore because the event is not passed through to the
> Notebook widget.  How can I make the event pass through under
> certain circumstances (e.g. left mouse button pressed) and not
> pass through on e.g. right mouse click ?

I do this as well so I can replace the right-button-popup-menu, and get
tooltips on a tab. I don't think you can easily pass the event on, since
notebook uses a single eventbox for all the tabs.

I get around it by spotting left clicks myself in the event callback on
the tab, and then calling gtk_notebook_set_page() explicitly. As usual,
I guess there's probably a better way :-)

John
--
John Cupitt, john cupitt ng-london org uk, +44 (0)20 7747 2570
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN