Mixing C++ with glade

I have a pan-tilt camera which I control through the serial port. I have a
C++ interface for sending commands to the camera, compiled as a library.

I want to write a program with a gtk interface for this library. I would
certainly prefer to use glade to generate the gtk code, but I would have
to declare some C++ classes in main. The code generated by glade produces
config files and Makefiles with CC=gcc.

Is there any way to "fool" glade to use g++ instead of gcc (and then, of
course, make the appropriate changes to the code)?

I don't have glade--. Is there any way around installing glademm? The rpms
I found require libstdc++ either older, or newer than the ones I have
(libstdc++-2.96-69), and I don't want to mess with the libraries now.

Thanks!

Silviu Minut