Re: Filitering in File Selection Widget

Raymond Wan wrote:
>         I was wondering if it was "easy" to change the file selection
> widget so that only certain files appear (that is, files with a particular
> extension, for example).  By "easy", I mean if there's a way to do it
> without messing with its code...with the way I program, I can make the
> problem worse.  :)  Is there a function/etc. that I can use?

Sorry, this is not possible with the standard widget.

This is a long standing gtk problem, and there are lots of add-on
widgets which people have done to try to fix it. I know of:

	http://gtkfilesel.sourceforge.net
	http://incandescent.mp3revolution.net/gtk
	http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/~john/giorgio/gtkfilesel2
	http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem/gtk/
	http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigunix/projects/bugfixes/

... and I'm sure there are others.

I'd obviously recommend my hack :-) (the middle one above)

John