Re: Wheel mice

Conrad Parker wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 04:28:10PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
> >
> > I just want to add that not everything just works.  Netscape included:  it
> > scrolled for a while, but not anymore.
>
> Netscape is bizarre. The wheel doesn't work if Num Lock is on, and
> seems to work otherwise.

This is the braindead Motif behaviour. Num Lock is considered a modifier,
which affects not only keys, but the mouse buttons as well. So whenever
the Num Lock is on, keyboard accelerators (eg. Ctrl-S to save in NEdit)
and the mousewheel (buttons 4 and 5) don't work properly.

A possible workaround is to use xset to permanently enable the Num Lock,
which may also require configuration in your XF86Config file. Note that
Caps Lock also buggers up the keyboard accelarators ...

Chris
--
mirth ... in a jiffy