Re: A slight flicker...any general rules

Antony Stace <antony claire co jp> writes:

> I have a GTK app.  It has a window with a table in it.  This table has
> about 20 event boxes in it.  If I change the colour or one of these
> event boxes every 0.5 seconds the whole of the table flickers a little.
> Can someone suggest any general rules/pointers to avoid flickering.

When you're talking about general flicker throughout GTK, there's not
too much you can do as an application author. GTK+ 2.0 won't flicker
at all in this case, but that's not helping you much since you are
using 1.2.

I do wonder why changing the color causes flicker though; you should
only see this flicker if you are somehow causing a size recalculation
on the table.

Havoc