dmalloc compatibility with glib?

Going through the archives of this ML, I saw a discussion of an
incompatibility between dmalloc and glib.  How was this resolved?

Additionally, if the problem was resolved by removing all support
for dmalloc from glib, what other tools do people recommend for
tracking memory leaks in gnome programs?

TIA for any assistance.  Please cc me as I'm not usually on this
list.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk mira net