Re: [Testcase] Re: 32bit scrolling problems in Gtk+ 1.3.1

On 7 Sep 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Actually, y == -20 is correct. To briefly explain, window gravity
> only matters for move_resize or resize operations, not for pure
> move operations...

> Can I ask again what server you are using, to get some idea of
> the urgency of adding workaround code?

That is odd because I am using the same version of XFree86--
4.0.1.  The video driver is S3 ViRGE, but I don't think the video driver
matters.  The scrolling works right using static gravity even though the
test fails on my machine.  gdk_window_gravity_works () doesn't get called
at all when the window's initial size is big, so gdk presumes you want to
use guffaw scrolling.

- David