Re: How to display GTK app on the top?

> Gnome provides the function for doing that -
>         gnome_win_hints_set_layer(window,WIN_LAYER_ONTOP)
>  If you don't want gnome - just extract this function from gnomelibs and use
> it in your apps. Also, window manager should understand gnome winhints (most
> modern do).

Unfortunately, this works only in X; would it be useful to make this a
GTK+ or GDK function, and use "SetWindowPos()" on Windows for the same
function?  If so, would it be easy to do so, or does support for GNOME
window manager hints involve dragging in a lot of GNOME code?

(Also, am I missing something, or is there nothing in the current
version of the Window Manager Specification to let you specify that a
window must always be on top?)