Re: Icon set in Gtk+???

Frederic Brunel <brunel@mail.dotcom.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know why there is not an icon set with the gtk distribution.
> I'm thinking of the standard Gnome icons. Why there are not included in Gtk?
> The standard widget and dialog boxes are lacking decorations. The file
> selector, for example is ugly. What do you think about using icons in this
> dialog (for the create, rename and delete buttons??). I'm also thinking about
> adding a 'Home' button.

The image problem being fixed for GTK+-2.0.

The specific I'm thinking of are:

  - The gdk-pixbuf library for loading images
  - A stock icon facility to allow loading (themeable) images for
    various purposes
  - A default icon theme (probably justt Tigert's icons from GNOME)
  - GtkMessageDialog, for displaying messages with an appropriate icon

Some people are also working furiously on a filesel replacement,
though I don't know if that is going to make GTK+-2.0 or not.

Regards,
                                        Owen