- From: "Arjan J. Molenaar" <A J Molenaar xirion nl>
- To: "'gtk-list gnome org'" <gtk-list gnome org>
- Cc: "'Jan Jirmasek'" <jim ure cas cz>
- Subject: RE: key_release_event
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:59:04 +0200
> From: Jan Jirmasek [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> I have this problem: I have one main window and one drawing area
> inside. I want to catch the key_press_event and the
> key_release_event and
> according to holding or not holding a key I want to change the current
> cursor inside the drawing area.
> I wouldn't mind, if I could have chance to catch the
> signals only in the
> main window handlers. It would be ok, but WHY the key_press_event
> handler of the main window IS called and the
> key_release_event handler is
> NEVER called?
> Can anyone help me?
Have you set an event mask for the widget (GDK_*_MASK)? If the GDK_KEY_RELEASE_MASK is not set, you'll never recieve those events.
Hope this helps...
] [Thread Prev