Re: Way off topic: automake/autoconf...

>From: "Leeman Strout" <alaric@portone.com>
>
>Hi...
>
>I was hoping one/some of you could assist me in my quest for attaining at
>least minimal understanding of autoconf/automake.
>
>All I really want to do is get the appropriate INCLUDES and LIBS set for
>using mysql and id3.
>
>Of course I'd also like to be able to build 2 targets within the same
>directory out of the sources there, but that's probably a whole new barrel
>of worms or monkeys or some such...
>
>So, if there's anyone out there that can point me to an understandable
>resource (the info pages are sooooo not readable) I'd greatly appreciate
>it.  Even better, if someone can point out a piece of software that uses
>automake/autoconf and id3 or mysql so I can look at it and learn... that'd
>be great too.
>
>Thanks alot,
>
>Leeman
>

>--
>
>Leeman Strout
>
>Systems Engineer
>ETC Support

Check the bigloo-lib distribution. It is a set of libraries for Bigloo
scheme compiler, and it includes the Gtk+ and MySQL bindings. The
build process fully implies on the use of
automake/autoconf/libtool/texinfo. The build files address a rather
complicated issue of prior generating C sources from corresponding
Scheme sources, so they are a quite complete example for how to use
before-mentioned instruments.

The bigloo-lib homepage:

http://bigloo-lib.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Vladimir V. Tsichevski
senior expert

                  Jet Infosystems
Krasnoproletarskaya 6,		Tel. (+7 095) 972-1182
Moscow 103006, Russia		Fax  (+7 095) 972-0791
Any opinions or recommendations herein are those of
the author and not of his computer.