Re: dialog widget problem

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:09:35 -0500, Matt Eisemann said:

> Currently I am creating an application, but there is something wrong with
>  the callback that hides the widget or something is wrong in my logic.  Here
>  is a bit of code below which so should give some idea of what I am doing.
>   The main window calls a dialog box when a certain flag is set.  I want the
>  user to be able to push the "OK" button and hide the dialog window and
>  reset the flag back to FALSE.  I hopefully left out extraneous information
>  and code.
>
>  void some_function(... )
>  {

>    if(tasks->dead_tasks == TRUE)
>    {
>      gtk_widget_show_all(tasks->dialog_win);
>      tasks->dead_tasks = FALSE;
>    }
>  }
>

>  int main(INT argc, CHAR *argv[])
>  {
>    dialog_win = gtk_dialog_new();
>    dialog_label = gtk_label_new("WARNING.  There is something wrong.  ");
>    dialog_ok = gtk_button_new_with_label("OK");
>    gtk_window_set_title(GTK_WINDOW(dialog_win),"dead tasks");
>
>   gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(GTK_DIALOG(dialog_win)->vbox),dialog_label,F
>  ALSE,FALSE,NO_PADDING);
>    gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(GTK_DIALOG(dialog_win)->action_area),dialog
>  _ok, FALSE,FALSE, NO_PADDING);
>
>    gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(dialog_ok),"clicked",
>
>                                GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_widget_hide),GTK_OBJEC
>  T(dialog_win));

here you are calling the hide on the ok button itself - not the dialog, since
the signal_func passes the widget also .. one way you could remedy this is

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(dialog_ok), "clicked",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(hide_dialog), dialog_win);

void hide_dialog(GtkWidget *button, GtkWidget *dialog_win)
{
	gtk_widget_hide(dialog_win);
	return;
}