Re: Tearing off tabs

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:

 Hi,

> Hi there,
>
> I'm working on this app which uses GTK+ and the wonderful GLib. It's at
> (http://matterial.sourceforge.net). Anyway, the user interface for the
> application will have a series of high-level tabs. I wonder if tearing off a
> tab (much like the Adobe apps) can be done?
>
> That's dragging a tab out of the window and when you release the mouse,
> you'll have another window with that single tab in it.

 Just put a button on the window with title "tear off", that, when pressed,
will  gtk_widget_ref()  content of current notebook tab, destroy that page
(since content is ref'ed, it would disappear but won't be destoyed), create
window and gtk_container_add() the former tab content. When the window is
closed, do simimlar to things to add a tab to original window.
 Yes, that's not dragging to tear off, but kinda of.

> Best regards,
> --
> carlos carnero | vfx artist | texel rtvc com cu
>
>   The moment Microsoft starts making things that don't suck,
>   is the moment they start making vacuum cleaners

 Best regards,
  -Vlad