gtk-config question

Hi,

I've been packaging up glib and gtk in Solaris pkg format.
Since not all my machines have space available in the same
partitions, I try to make all my packages relocatable. In
this case, that involves hacking the glib-config and
gtk-config scripts at install time, in order to adjust them
to the relocated destination directory. (Note: Just
because I'm packaging them, does NOT mean I have a clue
how they work!)

My concern is that the gtk-config script has the glib values
hard coded, rather than than calling the glib-config
script in turn. Is there a reason for this? If not, I suggest
that future versions

These are both 1.2.8.

TIA,
Mark Alexander