Text Resizing .. again

Hi, I sent a message before asking how to "appropriately" resize text when
the window resizes (i.e. if the text is supposed to fit into a certain x
pixel by y pixel rectangle, and this rectangle size changes when the
window size changes, how do i also increase/decrease the size of the text
as well).

I received a message back saying to use GtkLabel, but I don't think that
quite solves my problem.  I should have clarified that
I am writing text to a GdkPixmap.

Is the only way to do it to "guess" at an approprate font size, and then
set that dynamically.  That seems a little annoying, and I don't even
think the behaviour is guaranteed to be the same across different systems.

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know,
Meghal