Re: X-connection after a fork

La plume légère, à Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:15:34AM +0200, heure d'inpiration,
Diego Zuccato écrivait en ces mots:
> I'll need to spawn processes, too.
> I thought I could do something like fork()ing a spawner process BEFORE
> gtk_init, then via IPC tell it which programs / functions to run.
> Obv. every spawned program / function must be written as a standalone
> program, whith (if needed) the proper gtk_init stuff...
> It's not the most elegant thing to do, but it's the only I could think
> of...
>
> But before writing all that, I think I'll have a look at Gimp plugins...

The Gimp plugin is an external program which doesn't share anything of the
address space of Gimp.
The problem with threads in GTK+ applications is probably due to the
internal structures and stuff like that where things are likely to clash
with each other if they get inconsistent.

Wolfgang
--
A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.