Re: Installation Problems under Solaris

Hi All,

I've found the answer! (the crowd goes wild), moving '/usr/ccs/bin' to the front of my
path statement appears to have solved the problem, I'm assuming the problem is caused by
the compilation using the wrong linker tools in that case???

Anyway, Thanks to all that helped.

Regards,

Haydn.

|Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:09:47 +0200
|From: Drazen Kacar <dave srce hr>
|To: Haydn Haines - Sun UK - Partner Support - Intern <Haydn Haines uk sun com>
|Cc: Valdis Kletnieks vt edu, dave srce hr, gtk-list gnome org
|Subject: Re: Installation Problems under Solaris
|
|Haydn Haines - Sun UK - Partner Support - Intern wrote:
|> hmmm... /usr/local/include is in the compile line... but not /usr/include.... I will
try
|> that!
|
|No. -I/usr/include must not be there. It is implicitely added by the compiler,
|but in case of gcc it should be added after some other include directories.
|The compiler does that. If you add -I/usr/include by hand, you'll
|break things.

|--
| .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.
|(_  \ /  _)
|     |        dave srce hr
|     |        dave fly srk fer hr

                        ''~``
Sun Microsystems.      ( o o )
------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.------------------
Haydn Haines.			 Tel: +44 1252 399570
Pre Sales Support Centre.        Fax: +44 1252 511039

                    .oooO
Haydn sun com       (   )   Oooo.              X19671
                            (_/

This Email is only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential
information. If you have received this Email in  error, please notify the sender
immediately, delete the Email and do not use or disseminate its contents.