Re: How to play wav sound effect in gtk??

>Hi all,
>I have a question.

Not to mention a browser configured to triple or quadruple the amount
of network traffic you generate by sending both text and HTML versions
of your email, packed as two attachments. Yuck.

>I want set my widget to play sound effect when some event happen.
>Have any gtk function can do it?
>or other C,linux function can do it?

this sort of thing has nothing to do with GTK, which is a GUI toolkit,
not a desktop environment. it has a lot more to do with GNOME, which
may well have some function to do this. but i would warn you that the
whatever systems GNOME or anyone else may offer you will make your
application less portable, and may also be quite useless when its used
on a system will multiple audio interfaces and a user who doesn't care
to listen to this kind of noise. if the noise matters, then you need
to play it in some reliable way, and no simple way exists to do that
(*). if the noise doesn't matter, and its just ear candy, why bother ?

but i'm sure someone will offer info on the GNOME stuff to handle
audio "events".

--p

(*) i guarantee that on my system, for example, no naive approach to
    playing sound will be assured of succeeding even once.