Re: gtk_input_add

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd Op Net> writes:
> BTW, I would immediately cease the use of g_io_* and revert to
> gtk_input_add(), unless your program is not a GTK program.

I wouldn't - they both work, so it's a minor issue, but to the extent
that there's a preference the Right Thing is now to use the main loop
from GLib directly. There is no real reason to use gtk_idle_add(),
gtk_main(), gtk_main_quit(), etc. except that they are slightly less
typing. g_main_run(), etc. are the official functionality now and
gtk_main_* are convenience wrappers.

But it's no big deal, gdk_input_add() isn't ever going to get removed I
don't think.

Havoc