Gnome module build question

Hello:  On the 18th of Nov, there was a question from Gavin
Brown about the Gnome module not located, and compile fail.
 Sorry for not getting specifics.  At any rate, what's this
about cd'ing to the Gnome subdir and building?  I took a
look at the NOTES info for gtk-perl-0.6123, and it
mentioned building on as-needed basis, or something.

Anyone able to clear this up, and point me to some helpful
documentation about how to install and get gtk-perl
programs to compile?

My error message:
Can't locate loadable object for module Gtk in @INC
(@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ./goodbyworld line 3
Compilation failed in require at ./goodbyworld line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./goodbyworld line 3.

Line 3 ->  use Gtk; [and every path variation I could think
of]

Both Gnome.pm and Gtk.pm have been placed in the @INC
Thanks, Tom

P.S.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!