CLIST

Currently I am creating an application and in the main window (win) I have
a clist which takes up most of the room of the application.  A user can
scroll through a bunch of tasks they want to start and select one or more
rows and start/stop update,select all,exit.  These five buttons are below
the clist.  The format sort of looks like below.

-------------------
                          *
                                                               *
                          *      row
                                                    *
                          *      row
                                                    *
                          *      row
                                                    *
                          *      row
                                                    *
                          *      row
                                                    *
                          *   button1 button2  button3 button4 button5  *

******

  In the main window, there is a vbox, vertical box, which i place the
CLIST and buttons.  When I try to expand the main window, the application
remains the same size.  I noticed that my vbox was set to
vbox=gtk_vbox_new(FALSE,NO_SPACING);
gtk_widget_set_usize(vbox,900,570);

When I expand the main window, I want the scrolled window to also
automatically expand but have the other buttons and things remain the same
size and I am having trouble doing this.  For some reason, my scrolled
window remains the same size and if I don't specify the size using 'usize',
I get a CLIST with only one row so that I have to individually scroll
through each row to get to the row I want.  Why does CLIST depend upon the
gtk_widget_set_usize to determine its size?

The code(some of it) I use for the scrolled window is

scrolled_win = gtk_scrolled_window_new(NULL,NULL);
gtk_widget_set_usize(scrolled_win,400,400);
gtk_window_set_policy(scrolled_win,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE)
gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(scrolled_win),display_tasks);

Also, as a side question, since I am using CLIST do I still need the
following for CLIST for scrolling or is that only for LIST.

gtk_container_set_focus_hadjustment(GTK_CONTAINER(display_tasks),

                                                       gtk_scrolled_wind
ow_get_hadjustment

                                                      (GTK_SCROLLED_WIND
OW(scrolled_win)));
gtk_container_set_focus_vadjustment(GTK_CONTAINER(display_tasks),

                                                      gtk_scrolled_windo
w_get_vadjustment

                                                      (GTK_SCROLLED_WIND
OW(scrolled_win)));

Let me know if I was not clear regarding the