Drawing a pixmap on a drawing area..

Hi,
	I have previously asked a question about GdkError, now I have
corrected it. But now a new problem came , I am trying to draw the pixmap,
but it is not being drawn at all. I include the piece of code below,
please help me.

	static GdkPixmap *pixmap = NULL;
	static GdkPixmap *backingpixmap;

//	configure_event .. and expose_event ... handled  here

	pixmap = gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm( .... );
// no error in above function call

	gdk_draw_pixmap(pixmap,gc,backingpixmap,100,100,140,140,40,40);

	(The size of pixmap is 40x40)

	I am calling this function as a timeout, why is it not drawing
what I need ? is this okay !! Or is there any other conceptual method to
be followed to draw a pixmap on another pixmap.

	thanx in anticipation
regards
pavan