GdkColormap "colors" field

Hi,

  Given that the visual is GDK_VISUAL_GRAYSCALE, GDK_VISUAL_PSEUDO_COLOR or
GDK_VISUAL_DIRECT_COLOR, can I assume that the entries in the "colors" array
that a GdkColormap points to are in order?  (To be precise, I want to
know whether the relation `cmap->colors[ i ].pixel == i' is true for
all 0 <= i < cmap->size.)

  From a browse through gdk/gdkcolor.c it seems that the assumption is
justified, but I don't have any video hardware supporting any visuals
with allocated colours, so I can't test it for myself.

  (If it makes any difference, I am only interested about colourmaps
returned from gdk_rgb_get_cmap().)

Thanks very much,
Gary.
--