Re: File open/save dialog

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, KARASZI Istvan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i use often the file open/save dialog. And i'm very angry when i must
> delete my filename, when i want to go back into my home directory. I think
> a home button (near Create Dir, Delete File, Rename File or at the drop
> down menu in a separate option) is very comfortable.

SigUnix at UIUC has made a couple improvements to the file dialog.  You can
get patches for GTK 1.2.8 at
<URL:http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigunix/projects/bugfixes/index.shtml>.  We're
currently working on improving the filtering interface, but that has turned
out to be a larger job that the previous fixes.

Comments are very welcome!

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg