Re: patches

Ron Steinke <rsteinke merilon elfhame net> writes:

> 	I submitted a patch to ftp.gtk.org/incoming about a month ago,
> but it hasn't been moved to applied, rejected, or outdated. Is this
> an out of date way to submit patches? Should I just post it to the
> devel list?

Well, its been moved to patches/ now. I'm not sure that is better
from your perspective. :-(

Uploading to gtk.org is not outdated, in theory, but we haven't done a
very good job of keeping track of those patches recently. It doesn't
hurt to _both_ upload and send mail to gtk-devel-list.

Once we have bugzilla in place for GNOME, which handles attachments
pretty well (its currently in testing), we may that the preferred
way to submit small patches, since the less mechanisms we have,
the better.

Regards,
                                        Owen