focus question

I've got a window with a vbox.  In the vbox are a GtkLabel, a GtkEntry
and a GtkButton.  When I first move the mouse over the application, the
window gets the focus.  When I hit tab the first time, the GtkEntry gets
the focus.  The second tab gives the focus to the GtkButton.  My
question is about the third tab - I can't figure out where the focus is
going.  The fourth tab brings the focus back to the GtkEntry.  Can
anyone help?

Thanks!
Davina