Re: stop GtkEventBox from resizing

Ron Steinke <rsteinke merilon elfhame net> writes:

> 	Is there any way to stop a GtkEventBox from being resized by
> its parent? Specifically, the EventBox contains a pixmap, and I want
> it to remain the same size as the pixmap, even when the window
> containing it changes size. I can do it by surronding the EventBox
> with another box, but I was wondering if there was some more
> sophisticated way of doing this?

The geometry management of a widget is typically handled
by the options by which it is added into its parent.

So, if the parent doesnt' have sufficient flexibility to do
what you want, you may need to add an intermediate parent.
It could be a box, as you suggest, but a more designed-for-the-task
widget is a GtkAlignment:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtkalignment.html

Regards,
                                        Owen