Re: [Fwd: callback and thread]

Hi Hoà,

> > Actually this should work, AFAICT. Please post a example, demonstrating
> > this behaviour (This sould be a stripped down example though) and I will
> > have a look.
>
> this example is build from the one given in the FAQ.

>   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT (label), "event",
>                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(argument_thread), NULL);

This is not, what you described in your first mail. This will not work, as
James already pointed out. This is because GTK+ still holds the lock, while
calling callbacks. (GLib however doesn't). Just delete the locking from the
function that you callback to. (The other uses of that function still need to
lock though).

Bye,
Sebastian.
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå