moving the coordinate origin

Hello,

i want to ask, whether there is a function in gdk/gtk+ with which I can move
the coordinate origin (top left) to another position in a window (e.g. the
centre of a window).

(when I have a point p(0;0) it should not be the topleft corner of a window,
but become internally (or whatever) e.g. the centre of a window)

Hmm, I am trying it with set_clip_origin, but it seems that this is the wrong
way, is not it?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Jan

--
lambda=13.433°; phi = 52.533°; cest=ut+2h