Re: Bug? in OptionMenu, when changing text of selected label

     > The GtkOptionMenu uses a trick of moving the selected widget from the
     > menu into the button that you use to pop up the menu.

     > So you could try changing the widget inside the option menu button.

Nope, no cigar. I am doing a set_text directly on the label. If I get
the label from the menulist, it's the same label as the one that's
attached to the optionmenubutton (verified through a debug
session). So that doesn't help.

I think that this is some sort of refresh problem.
The data is correct. In fact, I took my little change program, and
just changed the text in the optionmenu button. When I did this, it
also changed the text in the menu entry of the currently selected
item (as you would expect, since it's the same label entry)

As a little sanity check, I also tried to call a set_text on a plain
button, this works. the code is identical for the optionmenu and the
plain button. When I set the text on the plain button, it correctly
redisplays. However, on the option menu, the text simply disappears
until I pop up the option, and reset it.

Bill

--
Dr. William D. McGrory    AeroSoft, Inc.
mcgrory@aerosft.com       Suite 1275