Fundamental Problems...

I am new to gtk prog. and am facing a few problems. It would be great if
someone could clarify the following doubts for me :

a) How do I pass two or more parameters to a call back function.

b) Call back functions of which signals/events accept how many
parameters? Is this fixed? Where can I find more help on this?

c) While using ItemFactory to make a menubar, how do I send user
parameters to the callback functions? Also, how do I take care of the
value returned by the functions (Is this possible???)

d) While using ItemFactory to make menus, what is the function
definition of the callback function? I tried to look in sample programs,
and found different formats of the function definition in different
places. They all seem to work...

As you can see, I am basically having trouble understanding the theory
behind callback functions.

Thanks in advance,

Ankit Mohan