Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pixmap vs Bitmap

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> sorry, my mistake. you can still use gdk_draw_pixmap, but the gc has
> to be setup with the correct depth.

 The funny thing is that gc doesn't keep track of the depth of
a window. I called for gdk_gc_new (pixmap->mask) and the same
error ocurred. gdk_draw_pixmap works if the destination window
has a depth of 1, just like the bitmap.

 Now I have another question: I have a window with a
transparency mask. If I call gdk_draw_pixmap with this
window as the source, will it draw the invisible part
of the window on the destination too?

--
Pedro Medeiros.