Design Question

I'm building a graphical ftp client with GTK and I
am calling 4 different functions in my main() to
return a GtkItemFactory* and the rest return GtkWidget*'s

My question is, what if I have a button that's inside
of a box which is return back to main? Do I have a way
of accessing that button again via the box in main? Or,
should I declare things that I will need to modify
at runtime as global variables?
| Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy@cs.nmt.edu |
| Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493              |
| New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology       |
| Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy                |