GnomeHello & jade errors: about to go nuts

Hi,

For some reason, I can't seem to get any
I've tried virtually everything on the planet: DocBook, cvs of gnome-
docu, SGMLTools, etc. - but I still can't successfully get db2html
to successfully convert an .sgml file from anything to anything else
except a slew of errors, like:

$ pwd
/home/lmorley/gnome-docu/gdp
$ make

jade: ../gdp-handbook.sgml:1:69:W: cannot generate system identifier
for public text "-//GNOME/DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.0//EN"
jade: ../gdp-handbook.sgml:4:0:E: reference to entity "ARTICLE" for
which no system identifier could be generated
jade:../gdp-handbook.sgml:1:0: entity was defined here
jade:../gdp-handbook.sgml:4:0:E: DTD did not contain element declar
ation for docutment type name
jade:../gdp-handbook.sgml:6:12:E: there is no attribute "ID"

I copied over gdp/dsssl/gdp-both.dsl and used it instead of cygnus-
both.dsl; same deal.

My DocBook is apparently version 3.0; jade is 1.2.1.  I got them
from sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools.

If somebody could help me out here while I still have some hair
left I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Larry