Re: [gtk-list] Lots of Pixmaps

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:35:34 MST, Andrew Burr <burra@colorado.edu>  said:
> I am about to develop a graphic intensive gui for an application running
> on linux. I will be using my own or extending a lot of gtk widgets...
> somewhat like xmms. I will be using a lot of pixmaps also. Will gdk/gtk be
> fast enough or possibly another solution would be better? Some advice
> where I could do things to speed it all up (things to avoid/ things to
> do).

Can you define "fast enough"?  And "graphic intensive"?  If you have a lot of
funky pixmap buttons and so on, but you don't care if a button changes state
in 0.5 seconds or .01 seconds, the answer is different than if you're trying
to do sustained 30fps animation of a 3D representation of something that's
busy rotating and changing shape.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst