RE: [gtk-list] glib g_hash_*() using strings as key

Could you send a full (short) code example that doesn't work,
otherwise we can't see where you went wrong :-)

-tony

On 10-Mar-2000 Doug Alcorn wrote:
> Here's the catch:  when I call g_hash_table_lookup(byevent,"some
> key
> text") I always get NULL back.  As an ugly hack, I can call
> g_hash_table_foreach with the key to be looked up perform a strcmp
> in
> the callback function and find my event.  This, of course, negates
> the
> elegance of a hash.

---
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@syntax.dera.gov.uk>
The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
		-- Mark Twain

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.