Re: [gtk-list] how to use gtk_gc_set_tile() ?

Nancy Mazur <Nancy.Mazur@cs.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:

> I've been trying to play around with gdk_gc_set_tile(),
> but I don't seem to understand how it works.
> Given some background pixmap, I'd like to draw some other pixmap
> unto it, but in a tiled way. I thought that gdk_gc_set_tile would
> lead me to the solution. If so.. can someone perhaps give me an
> example of how to use it?

Tiles are explained briefly on page 228 (section 10.8) of my book.

Quick summary: you need to set the "fill" mode to GDK_TILED, and then
draw a filled shape like a filled rectangle or circle. The filled
shape will use your tile pixmap as the fill.

Doesn't sound like that's what you want; maybe you just want to draw a
pixmap over and over into the window, or maybe you want to set your
pixmap as the background pixmap (background pixmaps get tiled over the
background).

Havoc