gtk file requester and bonobo

Hi,
    I was wondering what people thought of the idea of having the gtk
file requesters *optionally* use bonobo.

    My idea is that if you can choose to build gtk with this bonobo
dependancy,
then it would be very easy for people to create their own file load/save
requesters.
I thought of this because IMHO the gtk file requester is very basic, and
some
options from the MAC file requester are good, but everyone might not
like them.

While I realise (from reading past archives) that people are not keen to
make
dependancies on gnome, what do people think of an *option* to compile
gtk
with bonobo support?

--
Nowadays you can even use Gimp on that thing from Redmond they call an OS.