RE: resizing tables with widget and unref

Hi Iain,

> >   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(remove_panel_window), "destroy",
> > GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(remove_list_from_panel), &main_vbox);
>
> Should this really be &main_vbox and not just main_vbox?
> main_vbox should be GtkWidget *main_vbox = gtk_vbox_new (...);
> or is there some special reason why you're doing it another way?

Something special and clever? Nope, not me! :-) I swear I thought is always
done that way! OK, so now it doesn't seg_fault. I also moved the
signal_connect line after the gtk_vbox_new line which fixed this error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 726 (gtk_container_remove):
assertion `container != NULL' failed.

However, now I get this the first time I close the window:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 730 (gtk_container_remove):
assertion `widget->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container)' failed.

I have moved the signal_connect line after all of the vbox statements, it is
the line after gtk_widget_show(main_vbox); now. But obviously I am losing it
under pointers again, but now where?

Also, once the first window has been destroyed and I reopen it I get this:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcontainer.c: line 715 (gtk_container_add):
assertion `widget->parent == NULL' failed.

So due to the error above the clist still thinks it is a member of
something, even though it isn't.

I thought I would make a much better job of doing my 2nd GTK app as well!

Rich