Re: setting pointer position?

Gary Scavone <gary@ccrma.stanford.edu> writes:

> I'm writing a GTK app in which the user can drag icons (buttons)
> around in a window.  When an icon hits the window edge or another
> button, I stop it's motion in the direction of the obstruction.  I'd
> really like to be able to stop the pointer motion in that direction as
> well, but I haven't been able to find a way to do it so far.
>
> Does anyone know how this might be done?

XWarpPointer(), as someone else pointed out. But it isn't a good
idea:

 - When someone is dragging an icon, they identify with the
   icon, so it isn't necessary to stop the cursor. And the
   standard behavior in many, many, programs is not to stop
   the cursor.

 - The person might be using an absolute positioning device, such
   as a graphics tablet. In which case the cursor will go crazy as
   they drag past the boundary of the window.

Regards,
                                        Owen