Re: GLib new user + Quarks and Hash Tables

[I'm moving this to gtk-devel-list, which is the place for talking
 about adding features]

"David August" <august@CS.Princeton.EDU> writes:
> Is there a better way to do this in GLib?

I don't think so, you have to look up every time.

> If not:
> Can we augment the hash table to return a unique symbol (polymorphic
> quark-like item) for some versions of add, find etc?

If you look at glib/ghash.c, I take it you basically want to export an
opaque pointer to GHashNode.

The Tcl hash table has this feature, I guess it's a fairly standard
thing.

I can't tell you if the feature would be accepted (I'll let someone
else follow up on that), but if so most likely we'd need to get a
patch within the next couple weeks for it to make it in.

Havoc