RE: resizing tables with widget and unref

Hi Havoc,

For what is worth, I've got your book! :-)

> >   gtk_widget_unref(remove_list);
> >   gtk_widget_destroy(widget);
> >   gtk_object_destroy(GTK_OBJECT(remove_list));
>
> Why do you gtk_object_destroy the list, if you already removed it? You
> don't even know remove_list is a valid object here, there are no
> outstanding references to it.

Well, this code seg faults so I am not surprised I can't do such things. I
am basically guessing as I don't have a real idea of how to do this.
remove_list is a global variable so I can access it here. So if I just have
this in my function:

static void remove_list_from_panel(GtkWidget *widget, GtkWidget *main_vbox)
{
  gtk_container_remove(GTK_CONTAINER(main_vbox), remove_list);
}

My code still seg faults, and I don't know why!

Like I said, all I want to do is destroy this window but not the clist
itself. I still need to detach the clist from everything but I can't seem to
do that either.

Can you help?

Rich