keyboard accelerators in ItemFactory wonkiness

Hello,

I've been trying to get the ItemFactory to work and have run into
a bit of stickiness with keyboard accelerators. In short,

{ "/File/_Quit", "<control>q", menu_file_quit, 0, "<Item>"   }

does indeed call the callback, and my application quits, but

{ "/File/_Quit", "<alt>q", menu_file_quit, 0, "<Item>"   }

does not seem to work. I've looked through the archives, but it
seems that any queries about the ItemFactory get rather vague

Additionally, what would the appropriate string for the F1 key
be? Trying "<F1>" and "<GDK_F1>" and "GDK_F1" doesn't seem to
work.

Thanks,

Alex

--
Alex Chiang
Hewlett-Packard (views above do not represent my employer)

The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form
of last request.
	-how I will rule my Evil Empire